COVID Marshals are people who are assigned to assist in the management of identified businesses and operations to apply the COVID directions and restrictions.
A COVID Marshal is required for the following prescribed operations:
- The onsite purchase and consumption of food or beverages (indoor and outdoor).
- Religious or faith-based ceremonies.
- Supermarkets and hardware stores.
- Distribution centres (including associated transport operations).
- Gymnasiums and fitness centres.
- Swimming pools used by the public.
- Social and sporting clubs.
- Any activity where a COVID Management Plan is required.
- Any operation which may be defined by the state coordinator.
A COVID Marshal is required to:
- Promote and ensure infection control practices (eg frequent hand washing) are followed.
- Promote and take practical steps to ensure people* participating in the operations are complying with density requirements currently 1 person per 2 square meters,
- Promote and take practical steps to ensure people are physical distancing, comply with the 1.5 metre rule.
- Ensure that all COVID Safe Plans and COVID Management Plans (where relevant) or specific polices/protocols in relation to the prevention of coronavirus are effectively implemented and monitored.
- Ensure that the operation has sufficient seating, hand washing facilities and cleaning regimes.
- Be present supervising prescribed operations at all times (except where the site operates for 24hrs where at all times means times of high patronage).